Effective: Jan. 8, 2021
What information do we collect?
We will collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services.
- We will collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address, country and contact details, job title and position, company, registration details, information about the managed devices (such as IMEI, serial number, model name) and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We will collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use; information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings;
- We will collect information about the products and services you or your employer have bought or received and payment data and other information provided in connection with a transaction;
- We also may receive personal information about you from your employer or service provider or from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you (as permitted by law, or otherwise with your separate consent).
Through the Business Services, we collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services on the Business Services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services help us to analyze your use of the Business Services and improve the Business Services. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Business Services, help administer the Business Services and diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How do we use your information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device.
- to offer better and more customized products and services that take into account your company’s purchasing history and service record and other relevant information, when requested;
- subject to your separate consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities; and
- Otherwise with your separate consent where required by applicable law or as described to at the time your information is collected.
We use and combine the information we collect about you from our Business Services, devices, or other sources to provide you with a better experience. For example, you can use your Samsung Account details not only on the Business Service you registered with, but other services which use Samsung accounts. We also use the information you provide directly or through other sources as described above to provide content you may like or that you’ve personalized.
Samsung processes personal information for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal information includes processing:
(i) So that we can keep our promises to you, such as providing you with the Business Service
(performance of a contract (GDPR Article 6(1)(b));
(ii) To promote our business interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you), (legitimate interest (GDPR Article 6(1)(f));
(iii) To comply with the law, regulatory obligations and legal processes (GDPR Article 6(1)(c)); and
(iv) With your consent (GDPR Article 6(1)(a)).
To whom do we disclose your information?
We will disclose your information internally within our business, but only to those who need it to further provide Services or to help with your requests.
We will also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to provide the Business Services:
- Affiliates: Other Samsung Electronics Group companies which we control or own.
- Business Partners: Partners who we work together with to provide you the Business Services. These business partners control and manage your personal information.
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our business: For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
Submissions that you make to public areas of a website, mobile application, or other online service, such as bulletin boards may be viewable to other users of the Business Services. We do not control, and are not responsible for, how other users of the Business Services may use this information. For example, personal information that you submit in public areas could be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes.
How do we keep your information secure?
We take data protection seriously. We’ve put in place physical and technical safeguards to keep the information we collect secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
Where do we send your data?
What are your rights?
However, requesting the deletion of your personal information may also result in a loss of access to the Business Services.
How long do we keep your information?
We won’t keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that information will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
- At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
- As required under law, regulatory obligation, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations;
- Only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
What third-party services do we use?
Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Strictly necessary cookie
This cookie is essential for our site to enable users to log in and access Business Services.
This cookie tracks anonymous data and enables us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, up to 26 months after your interaction.
We do not share the information collected by the cookies with any third parties.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 26 months.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you.
The Business Services may offer choices related to the collection, deletion and sharing of certain information related to the Business Services. If you decline to allow the Business Services to collect, store or share certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features available through the Business Services.
You can contact us to update your preferences, correct your information, submit a request, or ask us questions.
You can contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu,
Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16677, Republic of Korea
Samsung Electronics has offices across Europe, so we can ensure that your request or query will be handled by the data protection team based in your region.
The easiest way to contact us is through our Privacy Support Page at https://www.samsung.com/request-desk.
You can also contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
You can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU supervisory authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.