Effective: 15th March 2019
What information do we collect about you?
We will collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services.
- We will collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address, country and contact details, job title and position, company, registration details, and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We will collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use; information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings;
- We will collect information about the products and services you or your employer have bought or received and payment data and other information provided in connection with a transaction;
- We also may receive personal information about you from your employer or service provider or from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you (as permitted by law, or otherwise with your separate consent).
How do we use your information?
We will use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device;
- to respond to your questions or requests for information;
- to offer better and more customized products and services that take into account your company’s purchasing history and service record and other relevant information, when requested;
- subject to your separate consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities; and
- Otherwise with your separate consent where required by applicable law or as described to at the time your information is collected.
Samsung processes personal data for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal data is set out below,
- For the performance of the contract between you and Samsung. For example, to provide you with the Business Services and to identify and authenticate you so you may use certain Business Services such as Samsung Knox Enterprise;
- To comply with legal requirements. For example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement;
- For Samsung’s legitimate interests. For example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the Business Services; and,
To whom do we disclose your information?
We may disclose your information internally within our business to the relevant teams, such as, without limitation the customer services team, the legal team, and where you have chosen to receive marketing messages, to the marketing teams. We do not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your separate consent. But we may share your information with the following entities:
- Samsung affiliates for the purposes described in this Policy. The term ‘affiliates’ refers to companies related to Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd by common ownership or control. Our affiliates include companies with the Samsung Electronics name;
- Third parties when necessary to provide you with requested products and services. For example, we may disclose your registration data to cloud storage institutions (i.e. Amazon Web Services) as appropriate to store your registration data that you have provided;
- companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with the billing process;
- other parties: (i) to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); (ii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Business Services; (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; (iv) as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- with other third parties when you request such sharing.
Submissions that you make to public areas of a website, mobile application, or other online service, such as bulletin boards may be viewable to other users of the Business Services. We do not control, and are not responsible for, how other users of the Business Services may use this information. For example, personal information that you submit in public areas could be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place appropriate physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Business Services. However, please note that although we take appropriate steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Where do we transfer your information?
Your use or participation in the Business Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. Such countries include, without limitation, the Republic of Korea, the United States of America and Japan. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected. Such measures include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to safeguard the transfer of data outside of the EEA. For more information on the safeguards we take to ensure the lawful transfer of your data to countries outside of the EU, or to obtain a copy of the contractual agreements in place, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you access your information?
You have the right to request details about the information we collect about you, to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to request access to your information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, to request the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, certain exemptions or restrictions may apply, which we will notify you of. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please contact us by visiting our Privacy Support page (www.samsung.com/request-desk).
How long do we keep your information?
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we retain information about you based on the following logic:
- at least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
- as required under law, a contract or with regard to our statutory obligations;
- only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes subject to appropriate safeguards.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Cookies and beacons
Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Business Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Business Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access our Business Services.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Business Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Business Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Business Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Business Services, or certain parts of them.
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Business Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by following the subscribe options made available at the interactive customized services platform and the unsubscribe instructions included in every communication sent by us.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at: email@example.com
You can contact us to update your preferences, correct your information, submit a request, or ask us questions.
You can also contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu,
Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16677, Republic of Korea
Samsung Electronics has offices across Europe, so we can ensure that your request or query will be handled by the data protection team based in your region.
The easiest way to contact us is through our Privacy Support Page at https://www.samsung.com/request-desk.
You can also contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
You can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU supervisory authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080