Effective: July 1, 2023
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services.
- We may collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address, country and contact details, job title and position, company, registration details, information about the managed devices (such as IMEI, serial number, model name) and any communications you send or deliver to us;
- We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use; information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings;
- We may collect information about the products and services you or your employer have bought or received and payment data and other information provided in connection with a transaction;
- We also may receive personal information about you from your employer or service provider or from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
How do we use your information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device;
- to respond to your questions or requests for information;
- to offer better and more customized products and services that take into account your company’s purchasing history and service record and other relevant information;
- subject to your consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities;
- otherwise with your consent or as described to at the time your information is collected.
Through the Business Services, we may collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services on the Business Services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services help us to analyze your use of the Business Services and improve the Business Services. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Business Services, help administer the Business Services and diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We will disclose your information internally within our business and the following entities, but only for the above purposes.
- Samsung affiliates;
- third parties when necessary to provide you with requested products and services. For example, we may disclose your payment data to financial institutions as appropriate to process transactions that you have requested;
- companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with the billing process;
- other parties: (i) to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); (ii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Business Services; (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; (iv) as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- with other third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
Submissions that you make to public areas of a website, mobile application, or other online service, such as bulletin boards may be viewable to other users of the Business Services. We do not control, and are not responsible for, how other users of the Business Services may use this information. For example, personal information that you submit in public areas could be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or for other purposes.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures designed to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Business Services.
Where do we transfer your information?
Your use or participation in the Business Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, which are designed to ensure that your personal information remains protected.
What are your rights?
Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to request details about the information we collect about you, delete information collected about you, and to correct inaccuracies in that information. In compliance with applicable law, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the Contact section below.
How long do we keep your information?
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don't have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Business Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Business Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don't receive the same ad each time you access the Business Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Business Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Business Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Business Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Business Services, or certain parts of them. The Business Services are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers.
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Business Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
Notice to California Residents
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at: